Moisture causes a lot of trouble in Long Island, NY homes and other buildings, whether it comes as the result of internal (such as dripping pipes) or external causes (such as over-watering near the foundation.) As building materials (such as drywall, flooring, and framework) become saturated, the high level of humidity supports the growth of bacteria and mold. This is especially true when the affected materials are hidden away in basement corners or behind wallpaper, for example.
The Likelihood of Mold Infestations
Mold is a significant problem in many buildings because mold exists everywhere and has developed the ability to survive under many types of extreme conditions. With just a tiny bit of encouragement, mold spores can set up new colonies throughout a property. At United Water Restoration, we’ve dealt with mold growth on many building materials, including
The materials used in the construction of your property are perfect for sustaining mold growth. With moisture, oxygen, and food, colonies flourish until mold remediation professionals remove them and treat susceptible areas to prevent regrowth.
Recognize Early Warning Signs
As you learn to recognize the signs of mold growth, you are better prepared to contact professionals for immediate treatment.
Don’t wait to act when you notice even one of these signs. The sooner we can target the source of the problem, the better we can prevent new damage to your home or building. Sometimes property owners are hesitant to act if they smell a suspicious odor but can’t see mold. Unfortunately, mold often grows and spreads in hidden areas and becomes a severe problem before you ever see anything.
What You Can and Can’t Do About Mold
It’s impossible to completely remove all mold from your environment. Microscopic spores exist in landscaping, are carried on clothing, and float into buildings through open windows. What you can do is prevent the establishment of colonies. We recommend the following tips for discouraging mold growth:
When you find mold in your Long Island home or office, don’t put off contacting professionals for remediation services. When it comes to mold, you can actually make a bad situation worse, so here are several things to avoid:
A limited spot of mold can be cleaned up with the right equipment, but anything bigger than a three-foot area should be treated by professionals, according to the Environmental Protection Agency.
Why Contact United Water Restoration
Trying to tackle mold removal and treatment on your own can be hazardous. Without the proper containment and protective equipment, you could end up tracking mold spores throughout other parts of your building. If you inhale certain types of spores, you could expose yourself to health risks. Professionals are trained and equipped to safely contain mold while appropriately removing infected materials. We have the proper tools, cleansers, and techniques for eliminating existing threats and helping you prevent future trouble.
In New York State, all mold abatement contractors are required to be fully insured and licensed by the DOL to verify credentials and proper training. UWRG LI is fully accredited with certified & licensed technicians on every single mold project we complete.
The Removal and Remediation Process
Each property is unique and various building materials lead to different concerns when dealing with mold. Our technicians have experience treating a wide range of mold damages. We quickly address the root of the moisture problem and tackle mold growth to prevent further damage to your building and furnishings. Our quick response decreases the possibility of health risks for your family, friends, or coworkers.
In most cases, we practice the following key steps as recommended by the EPA:
We understand the concerns that property owners have about the effects of a mold infestation and take steps to alleviate your concerns as we complete the remediation and restoration process.
The discovery of mold in your LI NY home or workplace doesn’t need to stop life in its tracks. Contact United Water Restoration to learn more about recognizing mold, preventing new growth, and treating existing colonies.
Get Immediate Help (631) 494-4764